Skip to content
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- IS THERE 24 HOUR SUPERVISION? No. The Manor is an independent senior living facility.
- CAN I USE THE RANGE/OVEN TO PREPARE MY OWN MEALS OR BAKE? No. Due to insurance regulations only the Cook/House Manager is allowed to use the stove. Residents may use the microwave at any time.
- WILL THE MANOR PREPARE FOOD TO MY PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS? No. Meals are prepared for all residents. The Manor can not accommodate individual residents with special dietary restrictions.
- CAN FAMILY STAY OVERNIGHT? Yes. A visiting family member may stay overnight with the approval of the Manor Board.
- IS AN EMERGENCY FIRE NOTIFICATION SYSTEM IN PLACE AT THE MANOR? Yes. A 24 hour fire monitoring system protects The Manor and its residents.
- DOES THE MANOR HAVE AN EMERGENCY BACK-UP POWER SYSTEM? Yes. The Manor has a portable generator operated by a Manor Board member.
- MAY A RESIDENT HAVE A VEHICAL AT THE MANOR? Available parking is limited. The Manor Board will consider a vehicle on a case by case basis.
- CAN A RESIDENT HAVE THEIR OWN FOOD SUCH AS DRINKS, SNACKS, ETC’? Yes. There is a refrigerator designated for the residents. We suggest that the resident mark their items to avoid confusion.
- IS THE MANOR AIR CONDITIONED? Yes. Each suite has a window or floor air conditioner unit that is installed by a Manor Board member. The units are installed in May and taken out in September.
- WILL MY BELONGINGS BE INSURED? No. The Manor is not responsible for your personal belongings and recommends each resident purchase Renters insurance.
- HOW DO I APPLY? Application for residency is made by submitting 2 forms, a brief Application and Physician’s Report. The forms are available for download here: Residency Application Physicians Report
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: